Friday, October 31, 2008




I work at the Elementary School and decided to take an old box and make it into a voting booth. This is a picture of Hayleigh voting. They were able to vote online thru our school district. The kids got to vote for President, and whether or not our town should raise the sales tax for a community center with a pool, exercise equipment etc. It was so interesting to hear the comments our class made as they came to vote.

These are a few things they said:

" Is this free? Do I have to pay to vote here?"
"I just want to vote for that lady."
" So, tell me what John McCain is going to do for us?" I told him he needed to do his homework and find those things out before he came to the polls.

It was very interesting to see that many kids voted "no" on the community center because their parents don't want more taxes. Hayleigh said, I vote "yes" because I want a swimming pool. She doesn't have to pay taxes, so it doesn't matter.

1 comment:

The Hobbs said...

That is so cool! Hayleigh, you look so darn cute!